Software Engineer - Returnship (REMOTE)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
WB Games Boston seeks a Senior Mobile Engineer. The game development studio is located in Needham, MA. In this position, you will have a hands-on role in defining and implementing key game systems and features for our mobile title Game of Thrones: Conquest as well as future titles.
- Design and implement gameplay features and prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts.
- Assist with general game development including UI, SDK integration, bug fixing and optimization.
- Contribute to best practices on software development, game design, features, and tools.
- Once ramped up, participate in code reviews.
- Work closely with other team members and take technical feedback.
- 5+ years of tech experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
- Be comfortable and have experience with C#
- Be comfortable working with client and server code
- Practical knowledge of common data structures and software design practices
- Experience with client technologies, user interface development, event driven architecture
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with Unity, specifically for mobile game development
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and microservices
- Experience with mobile development and/or shipping products on iOS and Android
- Experience building multiplayer games
- You enjoy or are open to playing mobile strategy games
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.