Advanced Artist/Animator, Facial
· 8+ years working as an animator in the entertainment industry with a focus on facial animation
· At least 2 shipped AAA titles.
· Experience in mocap animation pipelines.
· Experience working in modern facial animation pipelines
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
· BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
· At least 8+ years’ experience with industry standard 3-D animation package (3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, and Maya)
· Deep understanding of FACS based animation analysis and implementation (Example Faceware).
· Strong understanding of facial likeness capture and scan processes including light stage, photogrammetry, HMC and hybrid approaches.
· Deep knowledge of facial topology, anatomy and rigging solutions to best support both automated and individually authored performances.
· Demonstrated experience developing blend shape instances / attribute libraries to support targeted performances across a range of humanoid facial variants.
· Strong ability to direct and focus on the “details that matter” in emotional performances.
· Strong understanding of animation fundamentals with a deep knowledge of the history of animation.
· Strong understanding of Motion Capture process.
· Aptitude and passion for visual storytelling and emotional connection to game characters.
· Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technology and complex pipelines.
· Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
· Ability to self-manage to ensure deadlines are met.
· Must be able to work well within a team. Willingness to provide and accept direction, and the ability to embrace change.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Portfolio/website/reel demonstrating fundamental foundation art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.