WB Games Inc. seeks a Cloud Engineer for the Business Process department.
In addition to the skills required by a Systems Administrator in an in-house or hosted environment, and knowledge of skills required to provision, manage, monitor, and decommission AWS services, the IT/Cloud Engineer role requires additional knowledge and experience around technologies and techniques for automating provision and management of infrastructure in a distributed environment through scripting.
- University degree in computer science or software engineering and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Strong Linux system administration at the command-line level.
- Multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking.
- Understanding of cloud security best practices.
- Experience with templates (CloudFormation and/or Terraform) and other configurable items to enable automation, preferably Ansible.
- Familiarity with deployment techniques (and tools) in a distributed environment, preferably Jenkins.
- Basic monitoring techniques in a dynamic environment, preferably Datadog and Cloudwatch.
- Design of self-healing and fault-tolerant services in AWS.
- Understanding of stateless and loosely coupled distributed applications.
- Familiarity developing with RESTful API interfaces.
- Basic understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
- Familiarity with messaging and queuing services.
- Infrastructure as Code: design and security, configuration management, integration, deployment, performance monitoring and tuning, automation of infrastructure.
- Familiarity with git and gitops.
- Familiarity with docker and Kubernetes.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability, rotating 1 week schedule, 0-10 pages per week.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.