WB Games is looking for a Contract User Researcher with an intense passion for gaming and science to work on games for all platforms including consoles, PC, and mobile. As a Contract User Researcher you will conduct research groups through in-person test sessions where data is collected on our games, as well as run usability sessions and 1-on-1 testing. During each session you will observe participant behavior and communicate that information back to the group. You will also be responsible for writing up findings. Experience running research sessions is critical.
- Prepare and execute playtest studies.
- Work with Senior User Researchers to conduct user testing.
- Determine appropriate research methodologies and craft associated surveys as required
- Recruit the necessary amount and participant profile for each study
- Submit nightly notes/observations for each test
- Write playtest reports and debrief with development teams
- Administer each playtest and usability session in a non-biased manner
- Develop and evolve the playtest recruitment database
- Provide findings-based recommendations as requested
- Bachelor’s degree required (branches of experimental psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, or related field).
- 3 years of experience in a related role, ideally in games user research
- Knowledge of research design, qualitative, and quantitative methodologies.
- Special Knowledge or Skills that would be valuable:
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups with authority
- Experience moderating large groups effectively without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Familiar with game design theory and development process for video games.
- Genuinely enjoy gaming in all forms.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.