Systems programmers Team Lead
Job typeEngineering, Game Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateApr. 02, 2021
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Systems programmers Team Lead to work with its game development team responsible for expanding WB Properties in the interactive space.
As a Systems Team Lead, this individual will manage a group of programmers to develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform systems and tools, examples of which include: streaming, data cooking and patching, physics, online, and various other mid and low-level systems. He will schedule support to other departments to ensure smooth debugging of issues. He will also prioritize work, develop roadmaps, work with production and ensure that his team understands and meets expectations for assigned tasks, as well as quality and timeline. Plays a key role in resolving problems or issues impacting his team and the project as a whole. Contributes, shares, and enforces best practices for their team.
- Lead a group of engineers in the development of new systems, features, and tools in addition to leveraging newest technologies while maintaining a stable code base
- Work closely with content directors, game designers, level designers, artists, and producers to develop the technical designs, engineering schedules, and game systems.
Work Experience Requirements
- At least 8-10 years of software development experience in the game industry, ideally in engine team.
- Experience with development on last-generation consoles
- Minimum of 5 years experience with C/C++.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title
- Experience with development team management, Agile methodology, JIRA workflow
- Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Leadership ability, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with coordinating, mentoring and building a cohesive programming team.
- Experience with enforcing best coding practices
- Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life-cycle, including prototyping, production, and shipping.
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, cross-platform development
- Experience with Unreal game engine is a plus
- Excellent organization and writing skills (English is mandatory, French/English is a plus).
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.