Senior UI Artist
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is looking for a Senior UI Artist to design and implement cutting edge UI for a cross-platform, next generation game. As Senior UI Artist you are responsible for visual and interaction design that adheres to high level direction and maintains consistency throughout visual elements and behaviors. You’ll work with the UI/UX Lead as well as a variety of team members to design, create, implement and optimize UI assets for use in a AAA cross-platform title. You will also be responsible for maintaining high visual fidelity, competitive aesthetics, and presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner. You must be able to work with industry standard tool sets and software to ensure a high level of fit and finish to all UI elements as well as integrate and build functional components within our game’s engine.
What part will you play?
- Collaborate with UX and game designers to determine functionality and usability requirements
- Design and create UI components (ex. menus, stats and inventory screens, in-game HUD elements, etc.) from visual concepts to completed features
- Collaborate and communicate with the art director, UI lead, UX designers, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game UI
- Contribute to the design and streamlining of UI tools and processes
- Test functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is end user ready
- 5+ years professional experience in Visual/User Interface Art with a strong portfolio
- Ability to create source UI components and carry through to finished game engine integration including dialog polish fx and animation where necessary
- Have basic scripting and extensive Unity/UE4 UI workflow knowledge and skills
- Experience creating assets and styles for User Interfaces through an entire development cycle on at least one published game
- Strong knowledge of user interface design, interaction design, motion graphics, information architecture, and the ability to generate design ideas
- Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Media or equivalent work experience as a User Interface artist
- Extensive experience with 2D art and authoring tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Knowledge of UI design techniques; layout, color, typography, branding, animation, and illustration
- Clear, concise and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team-player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Proven time management skills with the ability to be self-sufficient and execute quickly
- A passion for video games
- Must have portfolio link on resume
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.