Lead Client Engineer
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Lead Client Software Engineer, a talented and hard-working individual who is hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Lead Client Software Engineer will manage a team of gameplay and feature programmers, driving excellence in all aspects of AAA game development. Working closely with production on scheduling and planning, along with the art and design teams, they will add to the creative vision of the project as they lead the engineering team.
They must demonstrate high competency for gameplay and feature development and have a true passion for game development.
What part will you play?
- Work alongside the Engineering Director leading and managing the client team
- Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management, and mentorship
- Work with the production team to facilitate scheduling and planning
- Collaborate with the feature owners & client engineers to architect and build client-side systems
- Identify and articulate technical challenges and risks along with proposed solutions
- Innovate and iterate on process, systems, and technology to deliver world-class social next-generation games
- Improve configuration management and deployment processes
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
- 3+ years in a leadership role managing a team of engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Developed at least one AAA title using Unreal Engine 4
- Expert in C++ (Templates, OO Design, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, etc.) and C#
- Advanced Mathematics Knowledge (Linear Algebra, Vector/Matrix Math, Quaternions, Kinematics, etc.)
- An understanding of how the Unreal Engine 4 Networking and Multiplayer System works (Replication, RPCs, Network Authority, etc.)
- Exceptional understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
- A passion for video games
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.