Lead Server Engineer
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Lead Server Software Engineer.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Lead Server Software Engineer will lead and manage the team that will be responsible for developing and supporting the backend infrastructure for our AAA next-generation game at scale.
The candidate should be willing to be adaptable, initially hands-on, and over-time moving into more managerial duties as the team size increases.
What part will you play?
- Lead and manage a team of engineers
- Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management, and mentorship of associate and staff engineers
- Work with the Production team to facilitate scheduling and planning
- Identify and articulate technical challenges and risks along with proposed solutions
- Develop, maintain, and improve backend infrastructure to support our online game across various platforms
- Collaborate with the Feature Owners & Server Engineers to architect and build server-side systems
- Scale testing and performance tuning of the entire stack
- Improve configuration management and deployment processes
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
- 3+ years in a leadership role managing a team of engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Expert in C++ (Templates, OO Design, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, etc.), C#, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience in deploying, operating, and scaling dedicated game servers for session-based, multiplayer games
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Services
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL stores (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc)
- Exceptional understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
- A passion for video games
Good to have
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4 Networking and Multiplayer System (Replication, RPCs, Network Authority, etc.)
- Experience working with Amazon GameLift a bonus
- Existing experience working with Build systems (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.)
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.