WB Games San Diego is looking for a Product Manager to work closely with an internal team under the supervision of the Director of Product to define, launch, analyze, and operate free-to-play games. The ideal candidate for this role has worked with internal teams defining business goals and translating goals into business requirements and/or design specifications. Specifically, the Product Manager will be extremely detail oriented, with a strong product orientation and an affinity for data and analytics in support of driving both product-level and business decisions in conjunction with Product Management leadership.
What part will you play?
- Provide detailed insights to development and product leadership to directly influence the on-going development of a live title
- Provides hypothesis-driven analysis of incoming game data
- Calculate expected outcome of proposed new features
- Prioritize backlog/roadmap recommendations where appropriate
- Directly utilizes multiple tools/dashboards to monitor performance of A/B tests, price changes, cross-promotion programs etc., as well as conduct specific analyses and drive product and live management decisions based on insights
- Executes with high precision and excellence, projects and tasks to ensure best in class title launches including but not limited to:
- Creation of consumer facing campaigns; IAM, Push Notifications, Local Notifications, News feed etc.
- Creation of reports, dashboards and Management information
- Cross discipline liaison with Customer Service & Community teams
- Responsible for working directly with Game designers, UX/UI designers and production to give insight and product oversight on in-development features
- Undergraduate degree required
- Graduate degree and Formal Business & Economics Training preferred
- 1+ years Product Management experience in video game industry with increasing responsibility
- At least 2 years experience in free-to-play games
- Strong familiarity with free to play games marketplaces, trends and best practices
- Passion for gaming, free-to-play and games-as-a-service
- Level of familiarity with higher order mathematics and statistical analysis greatly advantageous
- Ability to think scientifically and dispassionately about hypotheses related to the performance of the product, formulate plans and tests, resolve experiments, and improve metrics
- Understanding of free-to-play games and free-to-play games market
- Strong knowledge of free-to-play monetization strategies
- Very comfortable managing KPIs through analytics for live, long term engagement games
- Skilled in MS Powerpoint, Word and Excel – Swrve, Braze, Unity, Looker, Sensor Tower/App Annie, Tableau, Big Query advantageous
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.