Director of Product
WB Games San Diego is looking for a Director of Product to spearhead an exciting new cross-platform, free-to-play title from development through to live operations.
As Director of Product, you will report to the Vice President/Studio Head, helping shape the product vision and studio direction. You will embed deeply with game teams, leveraging end-to-end knowledge of large-scale free-to-play games to create emergent experience from launch through years of live operations.
What part will you play?
- Be a product leader! Engage and inspire your development team as a first-class product leader; informing innovative and new to market features that players love playing - while driving strong business results
- Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management and mentorship
- Be an advocate and voice for your title - as DOP you’ll be expected to present the vision, business plan, design, metrics and executional strategy at the highest levels of WB and to the IP/Franchise owners where appropriate
- In conjunction with the Executive Producer – Responsible for delivering and operating profitable gaming service business through hands on collaboration with an internal development team and publishing to deliver a high-performance title
- Own all KPI’s for a game - including setting realistic KPI targets then working closely with Producers, Designers, Engineers and other Product managers to design tune, balance and ultimately roadmap the game to achieve those targets
- Provide detailed analysis of player behavior and recommendations to development team in order to increase key Metrics
- Ultimate responsibility for the game P&L, in coordination with Finance and the title’s Executive Producer, including re-forecasting and Monthly Business Review – this would include full accountability for the profitability and forecasting accuracy of the title
- Oversee the design, balance and tuning of the game economy, monetization strategy and merchandising of the game
- Act as a liaison between the game team and Mobile Publishing, including UA/Analytics, Product Marketing, and Central PM
- Use knowledge of marketplace and own experience to idealize and execute on innovative growth strategies that help grow your game
- Use available Franchise research to determine a strong understanding of our potential player profile
- Working with Data Scientists and Data Engineering; design an easy to query data schema that provides fast insights back to development team
- Ensure a multi-variant testing strategy for soft launch and post launch is in place, provide management with detailed numbers feedback and reporting in alignment with established studio practices
What do we need from you?
- Graduate degree and Formal Business & Economics Training preferred
- 7+ years Product Management experience in video game industry with increasing responsibility
- High level of familiarity with Data extraction and, cohorted behavioral analysis required
- High level of familiarity with higher order mathematics and statistical analysis required
- Ability to think scientifically and dispassionately about hypotheses related to the performance of the product, formulate plans and tests, resolve experiments, and improve metrics
- Deep understanding of free-to-play games and the free-to-play games market
- Good understanding of the mobile, console and pc markets
- Strong understanding of what “good” looks like in all areas of game development from performance through to creative direction
- Strong knowledge of free-to-play monetization strategies
- Skilled in running live service operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Ability to present complex information at the highest levels within the organization effectively
- Excellent Excel modeling skills, including P&L management
- Very comfortable managing KPIs through analytics for live, long term engagement games
- Skilled in MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel, Unreal or Unity is a plus
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.