Game Server Engineer
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Server Software Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
What part will you play?
- Integrate backend Systems to our games (e.g. Auth, User Profiles, Guilds, Leaderboards, Store, Analytics, etc.)
- Work closely with the Feature Owners, Game Client Engineers, Game Designers, and LiveOps developers on features, integration with the backend, and tools
- Develop tools that empower our LiveOps and Game Design teams to deliver frequent live game events and store offers
- Improve configuration management, game build, and deployment processes
What do we require from you?
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
- Experience on one or more successfully-published game titles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in C++ / Java / Python (Templates, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, etc.)
- Experience in deploying, operating, and scaling dedicated game servers for session-based, multiplayer games
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4 Multiplayer and Network Protocols
- Strong Problem Solving, Debugging, and Troubleshooting Skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
- A passion for video games
Good to have
- Cloud Platform Knowledge (Amazon Web Services and Terraform preferred)
- Experience working with Amazon GameLift a bonus.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.