Senior Game Platform Engineer
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
The new WB Games San Diego studio is looking for a Senior Game Platform Software Engineer with expertise on Microsoft Xbox One, Sony PlayStation4, or Nintendo Switch consoles.
As a console/platform specialist, this person will focus on creating an optimal gaming experience for multiple platforms including the new Gen-9 Consoles, handling memory management, disk I/O, game controllers, and TRC's.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing highly performant code and has a true passion for games.
What part will you play?
- Develop and implement code for several key parts of the game - memory management, disk I/O, game controllers, and TRC's
- Works closely with the project engineering team to architect and develop high quality, low-latency, and highly responsive code
- Work with design and product teams for feature viability, costing, design completeness, and risk assessment
- Consultation to the team regarding technical advice, constraints, and optimal solutions for targeted platforms.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide design guidance on new features
- Self-manage programming tasks and coordinate with the production team
- Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
- Shipped 2+ titles as a Console/Platform Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Highly Proficient in C++ with Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Knowledge of Console and/or PC development best practices
- Unreal Engine 4 profiling & optimization knowledge
- Solid understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
- A passion for video games
Good to Have
- Knowledge of the iOS & Android SDKs, performance tools, and optimization techniques
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Knowledge of rendering pipelines (UE4/Unity)
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.