WB Games San Diego is seeking a Software Engineer who is a client-side generalist that has some prior User Interface (UI) experience.
They must be a talented and hard-working individual who is hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, customer-oriented, and who has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art, and design leads to develop high-quality game features for AAA games.
What part will you play?
- You will be developing and implementing UI tieing into game systems and features, as well as integrating with internal and external shared services and libraries.
- Works closely with the project engineering team to architect and develop high quality, low-latency, and highly responsive code for game systems and features
- Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
- Work with design and product teams for feature viability, costing, design completeness, and risk assessment
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
What do we require from you?
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
- Experience on one or more successfully-published game titles working on User Interface.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- Experienced in C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
- A passion for video games
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.