Game Systems Designer
Job typeGame Design, Game Development/Publishing
LocationUnited States, California, Carlsbad, United States, California, San Diego
Posted DateFeb. 11, 2021
WB Games San Diego is looking for a Game Systems Designer to design and tune game systems and economies for a new AAA, free-to-play, cross-platform game.
What part will you play?
- Work with the design team and creative leaders to develop new game systems and mechanics
- Create design documents and specifications outlining game systems and requirements to the dev team
- Generate multiple potential design solutions and communicate tradeoffs between them
- Balance game systems and mechanics for a multiplatform free-to-play game
- Design, tune and maintain the economy for a new free-to-play game from development to live ops
- Work closely with engineering and art to develop and deliver against the design vision
- Collaborate with product managers and consumer insights to test and validate design assumptions
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
What do we require?
- 3+ years experience designing game systems for new or live free-to-play games
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working on a live free-to-play game; designing and balancing content, systems, economies and gameplay loops for both engagement and monetization
- Comprehensive knowledge of the free-to-play market on all platforms
- Masterful use of spreadsheets (Excel, Numbers or Google Sheets)
- Expertise in generating high and low-level documentation (PowerPoint, Google Slides, Google Docs, Word)
- Effective use of visual communication tools in communicating designs (Visio, Lucidchart, Visio, etc)
- Active free-to-play game player who can translate experiences and observations into product insights and learnings
- Strong written and verbal communication to allowing you to work effectively within your team, across disciplines and with key stakeholders
- Excellent critical, analytical and feedback skills
- Experience in scripting and Unreal Engine a plus
- A deep love of video games
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.