Senior Combat Designer
Job typeGame Design, Game Development/Publishing
LocationUnited States, California, Carlsbad, United States, California, San Diego
Posted DateFeb. 12, 2021
WB Games San Diego is looking for a Senior Combat Designer to design abilities and combat systems for a new cross-platform AAA game.
What part will you play?
- Work closely with the design team and creative leaders to create varied, unique, and balanced abilities and move sets across multiple characters
- Distill character designs into thematically appropriate abilities
- Find sweet spot between depth and approachability in combat mechanics
- Work closely with VFX artists and gameplay programmers to develop and deliver against the product vision
- Establish combat design pipeline & methodology as the first member of the combat design team
- Actively share knowledge within area of expertise and influence other related disciplines
- Be the voice for combat design in cross discipline conversations and planning
- Mentor and advise other designers in combat design process and best practices
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
- Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale
What do we require from you?
- Strong knowledge of combat design principles, theories, and contemporary game trends
- Examples of balanced combat systems that you have designed or helped guide
- Great writing, presenting, and team communication a must
- Well versed in all aspects of combat design including UX, balance, and implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game Design or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Shipped at least 2 AAA products on console or PC
- Solid understanding of UE4 and Blueprint
- Effectively communicate combat design direction, requirements, and deliverables
- Art, programming, or audio skills a plus
- A deep love of video games
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.