Lead Network Programmer
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of staff. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Lead Network Programmer will manage a growing team of network coders and drive through all aspects of an ‘AAA’ game’s requirements in accordance with the Technical Director’s lead.
- Oversee, advise, and drive the whole network team to minimise bugs, ensure quality results, and efficient working practices
- Be responsible for overseeing all networked and online components on a game project.
- Advising gameplay and content teams and evangelising good network processes.
- Be a role-model for the coders by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback on performance, and mentoring.
- Be the point of contact for all network code work.
- Manage the network programmers, including regular one-on-ones.
- Proven track record as a team lead with experience on at least two successfully-published multi-player titles, participating in the development from concept to the publishing stage.
- Expert understanding in C/C++.
- An advanced understanding of game technology principles and the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
- Train coders in the team. Be well aware of the ‘state of the art’ and assess new trends and emerging techniques.
- Oversee all relevant documentation to the project.
- Unreal experience and advantage
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.