Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Animator who is ready for the challenge of leading a team of world-class Gameplay Animators towards our next 90+ Metacritic title while enforcing and informing the Animation Director’s vision of the project, holding reviews and providing feedback to the team, leading-by-example, and pushing the boundaries of animation in video games.
- Responsible for managing and developing the individuals within the Gameplay Animation team to ensure they are achieving the best results, are happy, and set up to excel within the studio.
- Work closely with the Animation Director to Lead the Gameplay Animation teams to produce world-class animation for our titles, which will include dedicating a portion of time throughout the milestones to produce content for the game.
- Responsible for working with the production team to create schedules/roadmaps for the Gameplay Animation teams, delivering across the stages of the project.
- Manage the Gameplay Animation backlogs, bugs, and risks in an effective manner, to ensure the smooth running of the department throughout the project.
- Scope, manage, and run the Outsource plans for Gameplay Animation when required. This will include:
- Assembling benchmark internal asset packs and documentation.
- Quality control and providing clear and regular feedback.
- Liaise with key members of staff and dependency departments, to identify workflow issues and potential requirements.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of all relevant documentation for the project(s), including naming & terminology for all gameplay animation assets and folder structures.
- Extensive experience in Gameplay Animation within a Leadership position
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including morale, influence, motivation and the ability to write clear, detailed documentation.
- Able to work well on your own to develop ideas, vision, and direction for the team, as well as work as part of the larger team.
- Self-motivated to learn new techniques and methods.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Solid working experience of Motion Builder
- Solid working practices in Excel, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, and Shotgun
- Good working knowledge of 3DSMax
- Experience in leading/managing outsource teams
- A keen interest in developing and executing high-quality Facial animation is advantageous.
If you don't fit all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply.RS2020%
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.