Senior Systems Administrator
Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateDec. 11, 2020
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Systems Administrator.
Reporting directly to the Manager of IT, Network and Infrastructure, the role of the Senior Systems Administrator will be 3rd level support and technical assessment of newly proposed IT projects for the Montreal Studio. He/she will be expected to be a highly self-motivated individual with an in-depth understanding of a wide variety of products including but not limited to: Active Directory, SQL, System Center Suite, PowerShell, Automations, Exchange, Office 365, Atlassian Jira, Jira Service Desk, Crowd, Confluence, Okta, etc.
An in-depth knowledge of any of the following will be considered an asset: IP routing and switching (Cisco/HP/H3C based products), LAN\\WAN architecture, VMWare, NetApp storage and security (Intrusion Prevention, AD, etc.). Knowledge of Perforce are also desirable for the role. Participating as part of a team in the day to day support of the Montreal Studio and the global corporate initiatives, this individual will be expected to work within a fast paced and dynamic team of highly technical IT people, supporting a mixture of highly technically skilled individuals and a dynamic team of Development studio users.
- Architect and design scenarios to implement all servers, systems and infrastructure technologies.
- Level 3 support for Microsoft, Atlassian and Perforce technologies.
- Investigate existing and new technologies in accordance with future plans and agreed projects.
- Work closely within the IT team to implement new technologies.
- Participate in maintaining and administering the existing infrastructure.
- Participate as subject matter expert in global initiatives.
- Provide and maintain updated documentation for all systems supported.
- Managing/leading projects
- Acts as a reference for all servers, systems and infrastructure related technologies, and provides technical coaching to the IT team.
- As a key member of the IT team this individual will be expected to deliver a high level of Technical service to the Montreal Studio. This individual will be expected to work closely within the IT team to help bring a high level of support by keeping within the standards and service levels set by the IT Group.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Qualified to a degree level
- Bilingualism (French/English)
- Qualified to a degree level
- Minimum 10 years experience working in an IT environment.
- Minimum 5 years as a Microsoft specialist or equivalent working primarily with the following technologies: Active Directory, Exchange, O365, SQL Server, PowerShell.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with the following technologies: Netapp, PKI, VMWare.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of Cloud SaaS, IaaS, with AWS, Azure, etc.
- Proven ability to implement new technology and carry out 3rd line support.
- An understanding of and an interest in emerging technologies and industry standards.
- Knowledge of Atlassian Jira
- Technical coaching experience.
Nice to have:
- Version Control software (i.e. Perforce)
- Management of a NAS or SAN solution.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP qualification (A full understanding of IP networking/ routing.)
- VMWARE Certification
You must have excellent customer service skills, be a leader, be a team player, be motivated, responsible, dynamic, punctual, and enjoy solving problems and coaching others.
Willing to work outside of the standard working hours
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.