Senior Advanced Software Engineer
Job typeEngineering, Game Development/Publishing, Technology/Information Technology
LocationUnited States - Carlsbad, California
Posted DateDec. 08, 2020
Senior Advanced Gameplay Software Engineer
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Senior Advanced Gameplay Software Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans. We are working on an exciting new title that will bring some of the most iconic characters and stories to life in free-to-play online games.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art, and design leads to develop high quality game features for AAA games for Next Generation platforms. They must demonstrate high competency for gameplay and feature development and true passion for game development.
What part will you play?
- Works closely with Engineering Leadership to plan and write high quality performant code
- Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
- Collaborate with design team to design and build gameplay systems
- Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management and mentorship of associate and staff engineers
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
- Ability to identify multiple solutions and determine the most effective course of action
- Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale
- Actively share knowledge within area of expertise across all disciplines
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
What do we need from you?
- 8+ years Industry Experience
- 2+ years of Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of C++ (templates, OO design, exception handling, multi-threading, etc.)
- Advanced mathematics knowledge (linear algebra, vector/matrix math, quaternions, kinematics, etc.)
- Complete understanding of Unreal Engine 4 networking and multiplayer systems(replication, RPCs, network authority, etc.)
- Proficient in Unreal Engine Blueprints design and usage
- Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
- Understanding of engine performance, scalability and maintainability
- Deep love of video games
- Previous experience in fast-paced multiplayer games a bonus
- Experience in artificial intelligence a plus
- Knowledge of the iOS & Android SDKs, performance tools, and optimization techniques
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.