Senior Software Engineer CGT
Job typeEngineering, Game Development/Publishing, Programming
LocationCanada, Ontario, Toronto, Canada, Quebec, Montreal, United States, California, Burbank, United States, California, San Francisco, United States, Illinois, Chicago, United States, Massachusetts, Boston, United States, Utah, Salt Lake City, United States, Washington, Kirkland
Posted DateApr. 23, 2021
About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is a leading worldwide publisher, developer, licensor, and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third-party game titles. WB Games studios include TT Games, Rocksteady Studios, Turbine, NetherRealm Studios, Monolith Productions, WB Games Montréal, WB Games San Francisco, WB Games New York and Playdemic.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Software Engineer CGT.
This technical role in the Warner Bros. Central Game Technologies team offers an experienced engineer the opportunity to collaborate in the envisioning, designing, and building of a wide variety of enterprise-level game development tools, pipelines, and services. The problem space ranges the gamut of games technology and will require an engineer with an exceptional ability to learn.
Critically, the role also requires an engineer who has passion for helping others achieve and is prepared to drive this through innovation and development to fill needs, such as shared technology or inter-studio communication platforms. Collaboration and co-development with the many WB Games studios will be a routine part of the role, giving exposure to the many tools and technologies developed around WB Games.
Strong soft skills are invaluable to collaborate with individual game teams, gain adoption, and enhance any solutions developed.
- Direct development of technology, systems, and pipelines
- Research and dissemination of knowledge and best practices
- Guiding outsourcers and mentoring of staff
- Meetings and planning
who assignS work to this position? (LIST titles)
- Director of Engineering, Central Game Technologies
- VP, Game Technology (Burbank)
TYPES OF DECISIONS MADE BY THIS POSITION? (Describe ability to exercise discretion):
- Best technical approaches to achieving design requirements including localized system design/architecture.
- Best approaches for breaking down, organizing, and tracking status of large tasks
- Engagement frequency and communication channels with developers
TYPES OF DECISIONS THAT MUST BE APPROVED BY SUPERIOR:
- Technical Design as it relates to overall architecture of the engine codebase
- Specific implementation details, when related to shared code/interfaces or performance critical components.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience working with 1st party game platforms (Xbox, PlayStation and Steam) in an engineering capacity
- Experience with Unreal or equivalent game engine in an engineering capacity
- Experience with some or all of Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Jira (or other bug databases), Confluence, Visual Studio, Perforce (or other source control tools)
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- College degree in software engineering, architecture, or computer science preferred
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills with excellent debugging abilities.
- The ability to write efficient and optimized code.
- Experience in one or more of animation, physics, rendering, tools architecture, content build pipelines, backend services or other game-centric disciplines.
- Experience writing multithreaded code (preferred).
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and help others achieve
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable, cutting-edge technology
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
- A passion for gaming.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.