Senior Graphics Engineer
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Senior Graphics Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art leads to develop high-quality game features for AAA games for Next Generation platforms. They must demonstrate high competency for graphics rendering and a true passion for game development.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
What part will you play?
- Help architect, write and review gameplay features and tools
- Works closely with engineering leadership to plan and write high-quality performant code
- Collaborate with the art team to create optimal, high quality, and high performant visuals
- Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
- Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management, and mentorship of associate and staff engineers
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
- Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale
What do we need from you?
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience working as a software engineer
- Experience on at least two successfully-published game titles or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- Experience with the Unreal Engine Rendering Engine & Graphics pipeline
- Fully Proficient in 3d Math (Linear Algebra, Vector/Matrix Math, Quaternions, etc.)
- Solid understanding of C++ (Templates, OO Design, Exception Handling, Multithreading, etc.)
- In-depth Experience with Real-Time Rendering Technologies & API’s (OpenGL/DirectX)
- Experience writing Graphic Shaders (HLSL, Cg, DirectX.)
- Exceptional understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
- A passion for video games
Good to have
- Knowledge of the iOS & Android SDKs, performance tools, and optimization techniques
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge working with git
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.