Real-Time Graphics Senior Software Engineer
Job typeGame Development/Publishing
BusinessWB Games San Diego
LocationUnited States - Carlsbad, California
Posted DateOct. 27, 2020
Real-Time Graphics Senior Software EngineerWB Games San Diego is seeking a Real-Time Graphics Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans. At this newest WB Games Studio, we will bring some of the most iconic characters and stories to life in free-to-play games.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art leads to develop high quality game features for AAA games for Next Generation platforms. They must demonstrate high competency for graphics rendering and a true passion for game development.
What part will you play?
- Help architect, write, and review gameplay features and tools
- Works closely with engineering leadership to plan and write high quality performant code
- Collaborate with art team to create optimal, high quality and high performant visuals
- Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellance
- Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management and mentorship of associate and staff engineers
- Assess new market trends,features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
- Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale
What do we need from you?
- 3+ Years Industry Experience
- Experience on at least two successfully-published game titles or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- Fully Proficient in 3d Math (Linear Algebra, Vector/Matrix Math, Quaternions, etc.)
- Solid Understanding of C++ (Templates, OO Design, Exception Handling,
- Multithreading, etc.)
- In-depth Experience with Real-Time Rendering Technologies & API's (OpenGL/DirectX)
- Experience writing Graphic Shaders (HLSL, Cg, DirectX.)
- Love of video games
- Experience with the Unreal Engine Shader Pipeline & Shader Optimization Techniques
- Knowledge of the iOS & android SDKs, performance tools, and optimization techniques
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.