Senior Gameplay Engineer
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Senior Gameplay Software Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art, and design leads to develop high-quality game features for AAA games for Next Generation platforms. They must demonstrate high competency for gameplay and feature development and a true passion for game development.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
What part will you play?
- You will be developing and implementing key game systems and features, as well as integrating with internal and external shared services and libraries.
- Participate in all parts of the development process from concept through to live-ops
- Work closely with the project engineering team to architect and develop high quality, low-latency, and highly responsive code
- Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
- Collaborate with the design team to build gameplay systems and supporting tools
- Work with design and product teams for feature viability, costing, design completeness, and risk assessment
- Mentor junior engineers and provide design guidance on new features
- Self-manage programming tasks and coordinate with the production team
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
- Experience on at least two successfully-published game titles or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in C++ (Templates, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, etc.)
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Strong 3d Math (Linear Algebra, Vector/Matrix Math, Quaternions, etc.)
- Knowledge of Console and/or PC development best practices
- Proficient experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
- Understanding of the Unreal Engine 4 Multiplayer and Network Protocols
- Exceptional understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
- A passion for video games
Good to Have
- Understanding of Unreal Engine Blueprints
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge working with git
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.