Character Art Intern (temporary)
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for an art intern for their Character Department to work on an unannounced AAA title.
We are looking for a talented artist with strong art foundations/functional technical skills and with a knowledge of anatomy. Applicants should be creative self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy collaborating in a team setting with other artists, programmers and designers to create an immersive game experience. If this is you, send us your resume and portfolio for consideration.
- Learn and implement the established artistic direction using references, documents, etc.
- Research subject matter to support and inform team
- With your immediate supervisor plan the game concept or asset to be created while considering the game design and technical constraints
- Have the characters validated by the Lead Artist or Art Director
- Verify the quality of created assets once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Any other ad-hoc duties as needed
- Strong artistic foundation in design, composition, color, rendering, anatomy
- Creative, with an eye for details
- Enjoy creating a wide variety of content including creatures, monsters, animals, humans and anything else that may be needed
- Good knowledge of a 3D software package, preferably Maya
- Understanding and proven implementation of UVs and good topology
- Understanding of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors
- Understanding of Unreal engine is helpful
- Good knowledge of Zbrush
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Substance Painter, Designer a plus
- Mari, Marvelous Designer, 3D Coat knowledge is a plus
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.