Advanced Game Server Engineer
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is seeking an Advanced Server Software Engineer to join our growing team.
You will be responsible for building & developing the backend infrastructure to support our games at scale, empowering our LiveOps and Game Design teams to frequently update live game events and store offers.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
What part will you play?
- Develop, and maintain backend infrastructure to support large scale online games across multiple gaming platforms
- Work closely with the Feature Owners, Game Client Engineers, Game Designers, and LiveOps developers on features, integration with the backend, and tools
- Integrate backend systems to our games (e.g. Auth, User Profiles, Guilds, Leaderboards, Store, Analytics, etc.)
- Scale testing and performance tuning of the entire stack
- Cloud-based project building with TeamCity, and deployment processes
- Improve configuration management
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
- 2+ successfully-published game titles or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- Experience in deploying, operating, and scaling dedicated game servers for session-based, multiplayer games
- Cloud Platform Knowledge (Amazon Web Services and Terraform preferred)
- Experience in C++, Java, C#/.NET & Python
- Experience in Unreal 4 Networking and Server Technologies
- Exceptional understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
- A passion for video games
Good to have
- Experience working with Amazon GameLift a bonus
- Experience working in a Linux CLI environment
- Existing experience with SQL or NoSQL stores (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc)
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.