Senior UX Designer
WB Games Boston is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join their UX team. As a Senior UX Designer, you will work side-by-side with a cross-functional team to help create world-class mobile game experiences. The ideal candidate cares about making a great end product for players and is able to design in an iterative and collaborative process to uncover the best solution. Understanding established design patterns and designing with best practices in mind is a critical part of this role.
- Collect feedback from internal and external stakeholder and collaborate with them on implementation.
- Work closely with consumer insights and product management teams to determine best use cases for planned UX projects.
- Develop player journeys, wireframes, grey box prototypes, and detailed design specifications that describe the user experience to stakeholders, and direct development activities from inception to implementation.
- Grey boxing and building new feature UX documentation for current and future game products.
- Incorporate iterative design, live data, and user testing throughout the development process.
- Create wireframes and low-fidelity mockups to inform functionality while fulfilling design and product management requirements and player needs.
- Communicate and collaborate with other developers to make customer centric games.
- Provide user experience design expertise to the company and support individuals and teams with guidance informed by the latest gaming and mobile trends.
- Stay up to date with relevant design tools and software; conduct secondary research into current and emerging trends in user needs and technology.
- 5+ years’ experience in the role of UI/UX Designer or Interaction Designer on game products and/or mobile products is required.
- Requires a BS or BFA ideally in Interaction Design, Game Design, or Graphic Design or similar experience.
- Must have experience shipping at least one game title.
- A Gamer with a passion for games, entertainment art and functional/effective design.
- Understanding of the mobile free-to-play market.
- Mastery of Adobe products and/or similar wireframing software to create wireframes and user flows.
- Strong intuitions about what makes for highly usable and enjoyable experiences that drive continuous engagement and social interaction.
- Strong communication skills collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills – written, presenting, and oral.
- Experience prototyping, testing, and iterating UX flows for mobile games or applications.
- Experience designing core game loops and user habits.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.