NetherRealm Studios specializes in high quality console and mobile games for our flagship IPs, Mortal Kombat and Injustice. The mobile development team focuses on pushing the edge of mobile gaming tech. NetherRealm provides a true gaming culture work environment focused on creativity and quality.
We are currently seeking a Senior Designer to join our mobile team. Candidates must be able to work proactively with high level goals from the Lead Designer and Product Managers while also being adept at communicating with other disciplines. This position requires knowledge and experience in live mobile game development.
Candidates should also have experience working with external partners.
- Partner with other disciplines such as Product Management to tune systems using both hard data from metrics and also feedback from players & community.
- Support Netherrealm’s quality standards for all our games, both mobile & console.
- Work closely with external partners. Strong communication skills are a must.
- Develop, own, and maintain character and gear progression / growth systems.
- Maintain communications with Product Management and external partners.
- Review project roadmaps, assist in creating designs for updates.
- Review deliverables from external partners, assist when required.
- Balancing and systems maintenance and creation (when necessary for new systems).
- Mentor junior designers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Development experience with a successful top tier mobile or social game.
- 5+ years in the overall gaming industry; 3+ in mobile or social gaming.
- Deep understanding of the mobile gaming industry, trends, best practices, and standards.
- Expert at using Excel and other spreadsheets.
- Experience working with Product Management preferred.
- Experience working with international developers preferred.
- Experience with UE3 or UE4 preferred but not required.
- Knowledgeable about the mobile audience and user base.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must work daily with other designers and communicate effectively.
- Must be collaborative on tasks and accept input/criticism productively.
- Must be highly proactive in finishing out tasks.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.