Associate Texture Artist
Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateJun. 25, 2020
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks an Associate Texture Artist who will mainly focus on creating environment Textures as well as for characters and props on a cutting-edge AAA Game.
You will use different modeling and texturing software (3DsMax, Maya, Substance Designer, Painter, ZBrush…) in combination with Unreal Engine.
- Work in close collaboration with other texture artists to create textures for environments, characters and other assets.
- Work in collaboration with the Lead, Art Directors and Tech Artists to insure that all textures respect artistic and technical requirements in engine.
- Participate as a member of the team to find various technical and design solutions; provide feedback to other members of the production team.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 1 year of texture creation experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- AEC in proper discipline is preferable
- Able to work efficiently while achieving a high standard of quality
- Can share knowledge and experience with others; possess a strong initiative, excellent communication skills, time management and problem resolution.
- Able to achieve realism and balance with albedo / normal / specular / height values.
- Able to work in a height-based texturing workflow for material blending.
- Experience with PBR texture pipelines
- Able to plan Material/Texture Kits for Architectural assets or groups of assets.
- Comfortable with Zbrush/Mudbox Height Map modeling is a plus.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.