Manager, Game Quality Assurance
WB Games Boston is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Manager for their studio. The QA Manager will be responsible for the delivery of specialized testing services across the game studio and will manage internal and external teams distributed across multiple locations. The role primarily revolves around managing an organization that strives to achieve the highest levels of quality within the company.
- Establish and maintain an overarching QA roadmap for the organization, with a goal of increasing efficiency and quality through tools, technology and strategic initiatives.
- Oversee development and evolution of effective testing strategies including managing the overall test automation, tools and technology program within the QA organization.
- Conduct regular inspections of all QA practices.
- Manage QA staff allocations across multiple projects and departments ensuring 24/7 QA coverage of live ops.
- Collaborate with global partners to support the quality release of products on time and provide strategic direction to external QA team leadership.
- Manage a multidisciplinary QA organization across a game studio and multiple concurrent projects.
- Set department-level KPI’s for success and manage the team to achieve them.
- Lead and mentor QA team members and spearhead training procedures for all levels of the QA team.
- Foster relationships across the QA organization, sharing knowledge and learning skills while empowering team.
- Oversee the implementation and success of ongoing process improvements.
- Participate in company-wide initiatives as they pertain to quality, coach game team leaders on the use of quality tools and techniques and champion QA initiatives throughout the company.
- Report ongoing QA program status to company leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields or 3+ years of equivalent experience in a QA leadership role
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in games/software testing.
- Expert knowledge of mobile game development life cycle, quality practices and experience with industry standard QA processes, terminology and tools.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and in-depth experience managing quality for live operations.
- Proven track record of large-scale shipped products.
- Mastery of all facets of software testing, including defect prevention strategies, test automation, use of outsourcing and QA engineering.
- Experience with a variety of testing tools and frameworks.
- ISTQB Certified Test Manager Expert Level or equivalent.
- Familiarity with CI/CD technologies and automated test suites.
- Expertise with hardware manufacturer guidelines and software submission processes.
- Ability to participate in product design and promote test driven development.
- Advanced skills with task and bug tracking software packages (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, Basecamp, Test Track Pro, TestRail etc.).
- Exceptional communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills including the ability to act decisively under pressure.
- Experience as a software developer or SDET
- PMP, Advanced Scrum Master and/or Advanced Product Owner
- Active participation in global software organizations such as the IGDA or ESA
- Previous relationships with certification teams at Apple and/or Google
- High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
- Passion for and knowledge of Warner Bros. IPs, including characters, environments, and lore
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.