Software Engineer Intern (Temporary)
Welcome, students! WB Games Inc. seeks a Software Engineer Intern for the WB Games NY Studio for Fall 2020.
As a Software Engineer Intern at WB Games NY (a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), you will be working primarily on our online game services platform called “Hydra Studio”, in addition to some other internal technologies.
You will be responsible for writing code behind very complex data processing and presentation tools that integrate tightly with some of the industry's biggest game franchises. You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, and business specialists to expand the Hydra platform.
We are looking for a candidate with the ability to quickly learn new platforms. We use many different technologies within Hydra, and while we don’t expect you to know them all coming in, we need a candidate who can quickly learn and be proficient with them!
- Your assign project(s) will be a real-world problem that needs to be solved. Your work will make a lasting impact on the services we offer to our players!
- You will work with a mentor, who will guide you in designing, maintaining and refactoring our online services that meet the needs of our clients. This could be anything from helping to write new features, to fixing bugs.
- You will get to collaborate several engineers, account managers, and QA to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of our platform.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Able to work fulltime hours for the duration of your internship.
- Co-ops are also welcomed!
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals.
- Able to read and write software in Python or some other general-purpose programming language.
- Experience using and/or creating APIs.
- Recommended experience with databases (NoSQL experience is a plus, since we primarily use MongoDB, RedisDB, and ElasticSearch).
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, startup-like environment.
- Interest in working on-site at our office in Troy, NY.
- Technologies we use:
- OS: Linux, Windows, OS X
- Databases: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Frameworks: Rails, node.js, Flask
- Misc: Saltstack, Git, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Sentry, Datadog
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.