Associate Lighting Technical Artist
Avalanche Software, a WB Games studio, seeks a Lighting Technical Artist to work closely with a talented group of artists and engineers on an exciting, soon to be announced AAA title.
The Lighting Technical Artist will work closely with a team to create visually stunning lighting and ambiance for real world settings and will contribute to the overall aesthetic beauty of the game. The successful candidate will work to create and optimize UE4 light setups in addition to working with our proprietary time of day lighting system.
- Work with Lead Lighting Artist and Artists to identify processes and best practices for authoring and optimizing light setups.
- Help ensure lighting consistency across the entire game.
- Work with engineers to create artist friendly lighting workflows which empower creativity.
- Assist in problem solving game rendering issues with lighting, VFX and shaders.
- Help maintain balance between quality and performance.
- Create and maintain any aspects of lighting as needed.
- Provide training and guidance to art team.
- Stay current on the latest developments in rendering and lighting.
- Lighting experience developing in Unreal Engine 4.
- Expert grasp of properties of light, color, mood and materials.
- Organized and effective communication skills.
- Solid work ethic.
- Strong artistic eye.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.