Assistant Producer (Temp)
WB Games seeks a 9 month temporary Assistant Producer to be responsible for overseeing specific aspects of development on one or more projects as determined by the team’s production manager and production staff. This position supports producers and assists the team by managing and executing a variety of tasks to support the teams in developing AAA video games. Typical tasks include: Communicating with and tracking external vendors, as well as communicating issues and feedback, leading a small strike team, scheduling and tracking assets and tasks to meet deadlines, reporting status, identifying and reporting risks, assisting in ensuring adherence to schedules, and creating or maintaining production systems to ease communication burdens and gather material for the team. Understands how own work fits into and impacts the project cycle. Contributes and shares ideas / competitive practices while understanding that production is a support group whose goal is to help overcome issues for the leads and directors.
- Make sure that project goals and features determined by the Senior Producer are being met.
- Make sure that team goals for assigned disciplines are being met.
- Help identify process and pipelines needs.
- Work with assigned disciplines on resolving blocking issues.
- Edit game data, including localization, as needed.
- Provide regularly scheduled communications with internal team members, external vendors/partners, and project leadership.
- Provide clear, concise communication to the production team as well as all internal team members and external vendors/partners.
- Communicating and documenting project goals and status for outside management and partners.
- Manage team member schedules.
- Manage assigned project initiatives.
- Manage relationship and delivery schedule with outsourcers related to various disciplines.
- Write and edit media correspondence and PR requests, as required.
- Manage and wrangle assets for marketing campaigns.
- Support PR Interviews or events as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a Production or Project Management role is preferred.
- Experience with outsourcing a plus.
- Experience in the video game industry, with at least one shipped title is preferred.
- Desirable to have experience working with at least one relevant video-game specialization in a personal or professional capacity, be it art, tech, design, audio, UI, or gameplay.
- Multiplatform Cert and localization experience a plus.
- Strong writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, as well as a keen understanding of team dynamics is essential.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong interest in games.
- Good technical understanding of games and technology, including the content creation pipeline.
- A general working understanding of console development is preferred.
- The ability to complete multiple concurrent tasks in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- Experience with project management tools and techniques.
- A strong understanding the product development cycle.
- Basic understanding of production methodologies, both waterfall and agile.
- Experience working with the Unreal Editor 3 is a plus.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and an ability to remain cool under pressure.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to changing requirements and expectations quickly.
- Capable of nurturing team spirit and inspiring esprit-de-corps.
- Experience with effective conflict resolution techniques.
- An ability to have fun! We do make video games after all.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.