Director, Game Quality Assurance
WB Games Boston Inc. seeks a Director, Game Quality Assurance for the Turbine MOB Dev QA department. As the , you will be responsible for managing the Quality Assurance function on Game of Thrones: Conquest and future titles. You will work with cross-functional leadership to build and evolve a high-performing and scalable QA organization that enables us to deliver best-in-class products on schedule.
You will lead an amazing group of talented QA analysts, testers, and leaders that are player advocates and focused on ensuring that we consistently deliver the highest quality gaming experience to our players.
- Hire, mentor, and motivate a team of world-class QA Analysts and Testers.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within QA teams and across the broader company.
- Introduce and implement industry best practices and contribute to improving the team’s craft.
- Define QA strategy, approach, and execution on a range of development projects.
- Set well-defined expectations for QA roles across the company and provide support for your teams’ career growth and personal development.
- Directly manage and assist QA leaders in building effective testing strategies for their assignments.
- Improve department and team processes by working with other disciplines, including Production, Engineering, Art, Design, etc.
- Develop test plans and test strategies for game features and content.
- Participate in all aspects of the project life cycle, from ideation to specification to release.
- 10+ years of QA experience with 5+ years in a management capacity.
- Experience with QA automation for mobile apps.
- Experience with mobile game development.
- Experience working with remote test teams.
- Operating in the games as a service live operations model.
- Experience managing multiple QA managers and their teams.
- Passion for QA and gaming.
- Strong team building and empowerment skills.
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable as a “hands-on” manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.