Storyboard Artist (Contract)
Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateFeb. 04, 2020
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Storyboard Artist for a 6 months contract to join our cinematic team for a 6 months contract.
The ideal candidate should be motivated and well organized, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly skilled and experienced artists.
- The storyboard Artist will be translating story ideas into visual sequences based on notes and meetings with the Director, Head of Story and other members of the cinematic / narrative team.
- Under the direction of the cinematic director, your role will be to express the essence of the story, scene structure, and character emotion, and create action in alignment with the direction of the game.
- Tasks will include cinematography planning and staging; from initial camera placement and angles, to defining character action and camera movement.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- Strong drawing skills with a keen sense of design, appeal, character acting, and composition.
- Ability to work digitally, including in Photoshop, and/or similar software applications.
- Ability to work in After FX to build animatic 2d. ( is a plus )
- Ability to create actions / emotions expressed through drawing and inking.
- Previous experience working on multiple feature films and/or Games as a Storyboard Artist.
- Strong understanding of cinematic scene and dramatic structure and in-game cinematic transitions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- College or university diploma in 2D/3D art, or equivalent education.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.