Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateFeb. 04, 2020
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing AAA videogames.
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Physics Programmer to work with its game development team responsible for a AAA title.
As a Physics Programmer, this individual will develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform run-time physics systems, and work with our tech art and tech anim departments on the implementation of various physically-driven behaviours.
- Develop, maintain and debug efficient run-time physics systems
- Profile and optimize existing run-time and memory systems
- Integrate new versions of our physics library
- Develop and maintain debugging and profiling tools
- Communicate with content creators to gather requirements and identify needed improvements
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 5-8 years of software development experience in the game industry.
- Experience developing for Xbox360 or PS3 or Xbox One or PS4 (preferably all)
- 5+ years’ experience with C/C++.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certificatio
- Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life-cycle, including prototyping, production, and shipping.
- Advanced mathematical and analytical capabilities
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, cross-platform development
- Experience with profiling tools and optimization techniques.
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Experience with physics middleware (PhysX, Havok)
- Familiarity with UE4 engine a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure and hit deadlines.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
- Strong code architecture and design skills.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.