Level Design Director
Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateOct. 25, 2019
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Level Design Director to develop the overall vision of the Open World part of the game in terms of world layout, gameplay pacing, encounters, AI scenarios and level scripting that are consistent with the intentions outlined by the Creative Director and in line with the Game Director guidelines. This individual is highly adept at communication with the rest of the team. This person will work closely with Producers, Directors, Leads and Level Designers to set a vision for level design, set and maintain quality standards, support inter-departmental deliverables and establish production standards in the areas under their responsibility.
- Leading key level design initiatives (including process and structure) and helping to make associated content decisions
- Establishing and maintaining shared vision for level design (layout, encounters, scripting, pacing, balancing…)
- Reviewing designs and content
- Key participant in the hiring process for level designers
- Help with the annual review process
- Key stakeholder in the features development
Work Experience Requirements
- 6+ years of game development experience with 3+ years at a lead level
- At least 1 published game preferably as a Lead level designer
- Experience with Open World games would be considered a strong plus
- Proven excellence as a leader
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- BA in design, art or related field or equivalent experience (nice to have not required)
- Effective management and motivation of team members.
- Solid understanding of functional design and art disciplines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, particularly in giving direction and insuring shared vision among directors and leads.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Creativity and the ability to deal with ambiguity a must.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine (nice to have not required)
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.