Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks an Infrastructure Engineer for the Business Process department. As an Infrastructure Engineer working with WB Games, you will ensure sound delivery of technical services across all gaming studios. You will be part of a team supporting a hosted and in-house infrastructure that delivers core gaming infrastructure services to internal developers and administrators. You will be providing a mixture of preventative support as well as integration activity around Windows Server environment, VMWare, Cisco, Palo Alto, NetApp, Perforce, Team City and more.
You will also be working in a fast-pace environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure and cloud environments on behalf of WB Games. You will tackle challenging, unique situations every day and work with other functions and employees within WB Games. You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large- scale services and engineering complex systems that run some of our customer’s business-critical systems.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi-technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
- Responsible for management, maintenance, monitoring, and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers, network devices, security systems, and productivity tools.
- Follow established change control procedures for testing and deploying all changes to networks, hardware, software, and applications in the environment.
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes according to service level expectations. Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and customer and business stakeholder requirements.
- Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects. Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications.
- Resolve issues, perform root cause analysis, and prepare status reviews and reports for management.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends, and suggest improvements to the infrastructure that would be beneficial to the business in terms of cost, efficiency, functionality, etc.
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet the expected requirements of the contract.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CS degree or equivalent experience required.
- Tertiary degree in computer science or related areas an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years similar experience in a similar environment.
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications.
- Experience with core infrastructure engineering services – compute, network, storage, database etc.
- Knowledge of security as it relates to cloud based infrastructure.
- Experience using automated monitoring tools.
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols.
- Proven ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment.
- Experience working with NetApp storage.
- Experience in Microsoft System Center.
- Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications.
- Ability to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail, testing and documentation.
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.