Associate User Researcher (contract)
Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateJul. 09, 2019
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks
an Associate User Researcher with a passion for understanding and evaluating player experiences in order to assist the design and production teams to make data-informed decisions, and ultimately make the greatest possible games.
As an associate user researcher, you will help the research team collect and analyze player data in a variety of ways, such as recruiting participants, moderating playtests, administering surveys, and compiling results. You will also have a variety of technical tasks such as maintaining the research facility and keeping the lab in good running order. You will receive training for many of the necessary skills; however, knowledge of basic research practices and interacting with players is critical.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of research studies.
- Work hand-in-hand with user researchers to deliver timely actionable results to our development partners
- Facilitate a wide variety of research methodologies such as usability studies, playtests, internal play sessions, and survey research.
- Recruit participants for each study based on defined profiles
- Set-up and prepare research stations with necessary software
- Summarize research notes and observations collected during a study, compile survey results into synthesized findings
- Flexibility to moderate research sessions which may take place on evenings or weekends as required
- Support the user research team in various day-to-day tasks
- Maintain lab hardware and various equipment, including basic troubleshooting
- Develop and evolve the playtest recruitment database
- Create documentation and supporting assets for the research group
- Pursuit of a relevant university degree such as psychology, human computer interaction, user experience, market research, game design
- Special Knowledge or Skills that would be valuable:
- Experience moderating large groups effectively without supervision, and speaking in front of groups with authority
- Excellent organizational skills and willingness to learn
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of research design, qualitative, and quantitative methodologies
- Familiar with game design theory and development process for video games
- Passionate about video games and an active player in a variety of genres
- Must be bilingual (French/English) with strong written and verbal abilities in both languages
- Must be able to work in Canada. (Relocation support is not offered for this role.)
- Have grit. Be rad.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.