Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateMay. 31, 2019
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Lead Animator. The Lead Animator's main responsibilities are to work closely with the Directors to ensure the game’s vision is understood & communicated efficiently to the animation team. Working with production the lead will require the ability to plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of his/her team and understand its impact on the entire project.
· Define, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables.
· Schedule planning and scope to meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
· Maintain the movement style of the game and character personalities
· Ensure that the work of the team follows the quality standards, artistic direction.
· Review aesthetics of all animation assets.
· Establishes, maintains relationships with inside and outside creative resources. (Third party vendors, and publishing partners)
· Excellent knowledge the game’s story and gameplay (game design documents)
· Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts or production issues and recommend solutions.
· Motivate and develop the team members and act as a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
· 5+ years of industry experience
· Experience in a management/lead role on at least 2 published titles (Preferably AAA)
· Good knowledge of a Motion Builder & Maya. Unreal 4 experience would be preferable.
· Strong understanding of animation principles – timing, weight and staging
· Excellent key frame and mocap animation skills.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
· 3D Animation degree or diploma with excellent critique and vocabulary skills.
· Strong leadership skills, proactive and must have the drive to improve.
· Ability to mentor and foster animation teams creativity
· Strong understanding / knowledge in: Inter-department dependencies
· Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Ability to plan, organize and prioritize the team’s work in the context of given deadlines and quality requirements
· A positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
· Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
· Portfolio/Demo Reel
· Referrals (If possible)
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.