TT Odyssey in Brighton are on the lookout for a couple of Junior Programmers to join their small talented team to support in the creation of new LEGO games on mobile.
You are a generalist and will get to work on all aspects of the game in a small team. You’re friendly, smart and get things done!
If you can prove the following we'd love to hear from you:
- Working knowledge of C#/C/C++.
- Experience of technical design.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Maths, a relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- You’re a self-starter able to see the goal, research and plan the steps to it.
- Excellent knowledge of one programming language, preferably C#, C or C++, with the aptitude and willingness to pick up new languages and APIs.
- You love an area of games technology or development which you can show you’ve gone deep into.
- As a keen gamer you appreciate game design and user experience on all platforms from mobile to consoles.
- A passion to ship great games to people.
- Easy going attitude - being flexible with new ideas and most importantly open to direction and iteration.
- Ability to communicate and work with coders, artists, game and audio designers in a dynamic team environment.
- Willing to help others and ask for help where needed.
- Experience of Unity 3D, another C# game engine, or Unreal Engine.
- Client/Server development experience.
- Experience of iOS, Android or other mobile development.
- Contributed successfully to an open-source project.
- UI experience with web apps, touch interface design and/or games.
- Knowledge of web-based client-server applications and databases.
- Experience of Photoshop, Maya or similar packages.
About TT Odyssey
Founded in 2017 by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry, TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, part of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and the makers of best-selling LEGO titles including “LEGO Star Wars” and “LEGO Dimensions”. This is the first time that a LEGO video game has been designed from the ground-up as a free to play, mobile title. Quality and innovation is extremely important in this endeavour. We aim to be at the top of the charts and are looking for people to whom that goal is important. We are well funded, independent in spirit and working with the best Intellectual Properties in the world. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that!
Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals. Our team is small, supportive and collaborative. We like everyone to be involved in the design process and value staff who can work independently. Our people are expected to organise their time and workload themselves so we can avoid excessive layers of management. This leads to a flat structure where everyone is respected and listened to.
TT offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we are most proud of include flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities, discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.