Human Resources Director
Interested in an opportunity to lead the Human Resources function at one of the leading game development studios in Canada? Based in Montreal, WB Games Montreal is a prominent developer of AAA console titles based on some of Warner Bros. Entertainment's most popular IP.
What we need you to do...
· Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
· Partners with the business to develop an understanding of the people and organizational strategic needs and provides support in designing and executing solutions in the areas of change management, process improvement, performance management, organizational development and effective communication-collaboration
· Provides strategic thinking and leads change by partnering with business leaders (coaching, but also challenging them to consider issues from multiple perspectives and expand their capabilities).
· Works with managers to help define and clarify roles and responsibilities. Partners with management regarding department organization and staff responsibilities to ensure effective utilization of resources. Reviews job descriptions and provides guidance and feedback regarding levels. Ensures consistency of levels across WB Games. Partners with Corp Compensation to level positions. Interprets and implements HR policies, practices and company philosophy to ensure effective administration of the same. Maintains current knowledge of state and federal legislation and regulations pertinent to the WB Games employee population and ensures corporate compliance.
· Maintains accuracy of personnel records and data with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion. Manages ongoing needs related to employment eligibility (e.g. visas and other documentation). Ensures employee records are kept up to date and oversees the creation and dissemination of regular reports and organizational charts. Handles employee relations issues in a timely and effective fashion. Counsels employees and/or managers regarding a variety of issues. Serves as advocate to both employee and company regarding policies, employee performance, work environment and conflict issues. Serves as primary contact for receiving and investigating employee concerns. Conducts thorough and impartial investigations and determines solutions and/or necessary action.
· Works with department managers on temporary staffing needs. Understands and analyzes resource justifications and works with studio and Corp (where necessary) executives to secure necessary approvals for justified needs.
· Works with management to identify soft and hard-skill development needs. Consults with Corp Organizational Development for support where needed. Identifies curriculum needs and selects superior vendors through competitive bids. Works with management to develop bench-strength in key areas and set effective succession plans. Oversees the performance management process through partnerships with management and executive staff. Coaches management on how to best communicate expectations and performance feedback on an ongoing basis. Develops performance plans to correct performance deficiencies, writes disciplinary documentation, partners with Corp. employment attorneys and handles necessary terminations.
· Works with managers and employees to ensure the effectiveness of the ongoing feedback and performance appraisal process. Educates management and employees regarding the process and methods for giving/receiving effective feedback to ensure consistent application of the programs. Communicates timelines and measures completion, addressing any issues and ensuring consistency. Oversees the administration of the annual merit and bonus programs to ensure equity.
· Manages overall development budget and spend for the studio. Implements plans to ensure the achievement of business objectives and local requirements. Tracks spend and provides required reporting to Emploi Quebec.
· Oversees Talent Acquisition function for the studio. Works with studio leaders to set and maintain hiring plans under WB corporate objectives. Utilizes a combination of in-house, contract and agency recruiters to effectively manage recruitment needs. Works with recruiters on compensation issues throughout the recruitment process.
· Manages the development of relationships with local universities to develop a pipeline of talent through internships and other programs.
· Manages and coaches a small HR team whose objective is to give the best employee experience possible and maximize retention
9+ years’ experience as an HR generalist, including at least 3 years managing an HR team.
Prior experience at a technology, entertainment or creative company preferred
Prior experience working in a division of a large multinational company preferred
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
MBA or Master’s is preferred.
Excellent communication and presentation skills required (both in French and English)
Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to influence key decision makers.
Must be collaborative and diplomatic, able to build consensus.
Must possess excellent critical thinking/reasoning and demonstrate sound judgment
Current knowledge of provincial employment-related legislation required
High level of proficiency with Workday, BrassRing and other HR systems.
Strong computer skills - proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
What we need you to do...
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.