Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateMar. 14, 2019
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Technical Artist to work on all content-related technical decisions for on our current gen console game. This can include visual R&D, performance monitoring, material creation, standard setting, as well as process and pipeline issues. The Technical Artist also acts a liaison between Engineering and the content creators. This person will evaluate new technologies, supervise and monitor the development of pipelines and workflow and work with all disciplines to ensure that the Art team has the tools required to maintain optimum delivery of outstanding assets within technical limitations, solving technical problems when required.
· Evaluate new technologies. Working closely with Gameplay Tech and Character Teams. Working with other technical leadership groups.
· Design content workflows to empower artists to build high-quality graphics assets
· Generate and maintain pipeline and processes. Cross-Discipline.
· Evaluate and maintain game performance and Budgets.
· Be the first line of defense on the content side when a technical problem arises and work with Animators and Leads to ensure their work meets technical requirements.
· Generate visual and technical targets. Work closely with Graphics and Engine Engineers to ensure that the technology is serving Art requirements.
· Work closely with game design to explore various solutions for the game’s needs.
· Serve as a mentor for junior talent to grow in the Technical Art Domain.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
· 4+ years of progressively complex game industry art experience in a technical position and must have shipped at least one 3D titles on current-gen consoles.
· Strong technical proficiency in understanding proprietary tools and technology.
· Proven leadership skills. Able to communicate effectively verbally
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
· College Diploma or Bachelor Degree in graphic design 2D/3D and Computer Science related or in video game development or any other equivalent training.
· Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Must be familiar with one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3DMax, Zbrush, Houdini, etc.).
· Strong understanding of game development process
· Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines
· Strong Understanding Animation, Skin Decomposition and Rigging/Skinning
· Strong understanding of scripting for DCC, UE4 and Shader (CGFX, HLSL) or similar required.
· Experience with outsourced content and proven ability to work with outsourcing and external development teams.
· A Strong understanding of modern 3D engines and the technology behind them (PBR, BRDF..). Familiarity with UE4 is a plus.
· Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and work pipeline.
· Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
· Diligence with individual and team tasks, schedule and adherence to budget limitations.
· Strong interest in computer or video games.
· Strong Troubleshooting skills.
· Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
· Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
· Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail desirable.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.