Associate Manager, Operations
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. seeks an Associate Operations Manager for the Physical Distribution department. The Associate Manager, Operations is the communications liaison between Operations, Production, Marketing, QA, international partners, First Party and Third Party Developers for the distribution of high-profile AAA video games. Responsibilities include working directly with Operation Managers, Producers, Product Managers, Business Development and QA Leads managing submission schedules, master calendars and the meta-data process. He/she will be a key-contributor to the development, tracking and distribution of all meta-data that supports our multi-media efforts globally.
This position will ensure all global ratings, code submissions and DLC content are achieving and meeting milestone deadlines throughout the life cycle of a game and will be a point of contact for all matters related to first parties: Microsoft, Sony, STEAM, iOS, and Android. He/she will work closely with Operations Managers facilitating waivers, extensions, exceptions and all matters related to certifications for all WB titles. Assist in coordinating weekly core meetings during development with participants all over the world. The Associate Manager, Operations may also be assigned the lead role on certain projects, and will be expected to help manage risk and mitigation, identify and resolve road blocks, as well as communicate upwards the status of any particular title in development.
- Meticulous attention to detail required to ensure files delivered to and from the development team and First Parties is accurate and error free. Use of DB software, tracking software and Microsoft Office is required. He/she will also take on project lead responsibilities for small projects by working directly with Development, Production, Legal, Marketing, Business Development, and First Parties to drive the projects (s) from start to completion in a short period of time.
- Help forecast global submissions.
- Manage and own administrative duties related to digital game codes, pricing, announce dates, pre-orders and royalty payments as needed.
- Assist the Specialists and Operation Managers in keeping the schedules, waiver requests, and making sure tracking the meta-data schedule and related tools are fully updated.
- Build PowerPoint presentations for internal and external use. Art background and/or experience with graphics software use is a plus.
- Work with Sharepoint, Box.com and/or Quickbase (or equivalent tool) to create best communication practices for the studio(s) through the tool (s).
- Assist in taking notes during core meetings and update all relevant stakeholders.
- Be pro-active in reaching out to the team and help where it is needed.
- Manage meta-data for multiple titles and any asset requests from Marketing, Business Development, Production, PR and QA as needed.
- Assist the global ratings team in taking B-Roll, Screenshots and/or documentation required for successful rating submissions.
- Manage the master calendar(s) related to packaging, digital distribution, and meta-data creation.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Certifications in project/production methodologies is a plus.
- 5 + years’ experience working in games development on large scale AAA products both with physical and digital components and comfortable in a production type role with large scale publishing efforts.
- Have worked and released large scale AAA products with a digital live component from start to finish.
- Strong Project/Production Management experience.
- Experienced with development software: Jira, SharePoint, Box.con, Quickbase preferred. Microsoft Office and/or software savvy and quick study is required.
- Highly organized and self-directed, able to keep on an assigned track without supervision is required.
- Clear understanding and/or experience with First Party Submissions (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Steam).
- Basic video editing skills with static Art: Photoshop, Illustrator, Windows editing software and CD/DVD generator.
- B-Roll editing skills is a plus.
- Ability to create, maintain and track comprehensive project schedules.
- Comfortable with following up on task completion related to meta-data, identifying dependencies and dissemination information to staff and management.
- Established communication, people, presentation and organizational skills.
- A strong background and understanding of multi-platform video game production is preferred.
- Passionate about AAA & casual game products, strong drive to follow through on projects, tasks and issues that occur during development.
- Must be available during game submissions, including weekends and nights as needed.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.