Director, IT Shared Services
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Director, IT Shared Services for the WBG Burbank Cloud Services department. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (aka WB Games) is a division of Warner Bros. and a publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.
- Helping to improve the overall efficiency, effectiveness, reliability, scalability, and security of WBIE’s IT infrastructure and service offerings.
- Supporting and assisting studio IT Directors and their teams as they provide effective and efficient IT tools, infrastructure, and solutions for their studios.
- Collaborating with all WB Games studios to help identify, promote, and share best IT practices, tools, and processes; facilitating enterprise activities that impact multiple studios and helping oversee cross-studio IT projects; change control of IT systems.
- Assess and develop optimal levels of automation and standardization across studios for applications, infrastructure, and tools, and facilitating the adoption of processes and tools to capture the benefits of standardization.
- Driving the implementation of plans to remediate security issues and facilitating the ongoing maintenance of appropriate security measures and processes.
- Keeping critical services such as desktop operating systems, security patches, email/Office365 tools, shared storage, collaboration tools (Box, Confluence), data transfer services (Aspera), cloud services, source control and similar running at peak performance and working across all the studios to prevent downtime; playing a key role in disaster recovery processes.
- Being a proactive and constructive partner to the studios, WBIE Corporate, and WBT/AT&T, ensuring appropriate adherence to WB standards and capturing the benefits of being a part of a larger organization.
- Inspiring and assisting in the career development of the ETS team across multiple locations around the world.
- This role requires strong IT technical skills, a very collaborative working style, and the ability to navigate ambiguity to get things done in a matrixed organization.
- Enterprise architecture, network and studio interconnectivity.
- Technology security, license and compliance management.
- Technology implementation & deployment of operational tools.
- Game technologies, cloud and operational management.
- Team management.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar related fields or equivalent work experience is required.
- Masters Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar related fields is highly desirable.
- 8+ years experience IT management experience with games or other software development companies.
- 8+ years overall relevant business experience.
- Proven experience building relationships and ensuring end-user satisfaction across a large distributed organization.
- Demonstrated success in managing technical services across remote sites with matrixed staffing models.
- Must be able to work with independent studio management and IT staff to build consensus for policies and initiatives.
- This role requires strong IT domain expertise, a very collaborative working style, and the ability to get things done in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively across groups and levels and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Strong project and technical management skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of all phases of IT system development lifecycle, including quality assurance and support.
- Technical expertise with regard to network, cloud management, storage, and security.
- Games industry related experience is helpful such as experience with entertainment CGI applications (e.g. Maya, Photoshop, MAX, Softimage, Zbrush, etc.) as well as version control software (e.g. Perforce, Jira, Team Foundation Server, SVN, etc.)
- Experience building relationships and ensuring end-user satisfaction across a large distributed organization.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Customer service and collaboration skills with a consultative approach.
- People leadership skills, especially with regard to managing remote teams.
- Knowledge of and passion for video games is a plus.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Position based in Burbank with optional working locations in Boston and/or Montreal.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.