Senior Rendering Programmer
Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateMar. 12, 2019
WB Games Montreal is looking for a Senior Rendering Programmer to work on core rendering technology for its newest games.
As a programmer in the rendering team, you will help us further extend and innovate key visual technology for our games. You will also potentially contribute and interact with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, optimization, tools, multithreading and more. We are looking for talented, self-motivated individuals with the capability and drive to build innovative graphics technology for current-generation platforms.
We also want passionate, creative, communicative and committed people with a strong desire to explore and master new areas of real-time rendering. We also encourage our employees to be involved and driven, and in return we provide great individual freedom and autonomy, and true influence.
· In collaboration with artists, research and design you will be responsible for implementing, optimizing and maintaining rendering features.
· For optimizing systems: CPU, GPU, framerate, memory usage and load-times
· Working with content creators to help refine their workflows
· Identify problems and create solutions
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
· 7+ years game industry or related programming experience.
· Strong knowledge of several real-time rendering topics (lighting, shading, shadows, global illumination, post-processing, etc.)
· Strong knowledge of PC, SONY Playstation 4 and Microsoft XboxOne development.
· Knowledge of Graphics APIs (DirectX 11/12, Consoles) and Graphics Pipelines
· Experience researching, developing & optimizing rendering techniques & systems on multiple platforms
· Technical demo or publication(s) are a plus.
· Experience with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, streaming, rendering, animation, editors, build tools, and more.
· Must be able to work closely with artists and other programmers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative game systems and features.
· Ability to architect, program and optimize C/C++ in existing or new systems, and with a focus on one or more game related specialties.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
· B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or other relevant field.
· Excellent C/C++ understanding and skills, with the ability to write highly efficient and optimized code.
· Great ability to quickly debug problems and identify solutions
· Extensive experience working on AAA console titles.
· A passion for video games.
· Strong desire to build industry-leading technology
· Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.