Lead Gameplay Programmer
Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateOct. 16, 2018
WB Games Montreal, a division on WB Games Inc., seeks a Lead Gameplay Programmer to join its game development team working on a new IP project for next generation game platforms.
As a Lead Gameplay Programmer, this individual will manage a group of engineers to design, develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform systems and tools, examples of which include: character controls, character animations, AI, weapon systems. This lead will also prioritize work, develop plans and work with production to help schedule and assign tasks to team members.
|· Lead a group of programmers in the development of new systems, features, and tools in addition to leveraging newest technologies while maintaining a stable code base|
|· Work closely with content directors, game designers, level designers, artists, and producers to develop the technical designs, engineering schedules, and game systems.|
|· Hold departmental meetings to gather feature requirements and discuss implementation strategies. Do task breakdowns for engineering features.|
|· Ensure successful deployment of new features and code changes to the team.|
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
· 7+ years of software development experience in the game industry.
· Experience developing for XboxOne, Xbox360, PS4 or PS3 (preferably several)
· 6+ years experience with C/C++.
· Familiarity with UE4 engine is a plus
· Shipping a AAA console game with a multiplayer is a must
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
· Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
· Knowledge of character animation systems
· Knowledge of AI, pathfinding
· Knowledge of online synchronization and replication
· Knowledge of game physics
· Leadership ability, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Experience with coordinating, mentoring and building a cohesive programming team.
· Experience with establishing clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews
· Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life-cycle, including prototyping, production, and shipping.
· Working knowledge of 3D math
· Experience architecting and debugging large robust systems.
· Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
· Excellent organization and writing skills.
· Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
· Strong code architecture and design skills.
· Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.