Animation Technical Director
Job typeAnimation, Game Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateOct. 05, 2018
SUMMARY OF POSITION
WB Games Montréal is currently look for an Animation Technical Director to Lead and direct the development technical aspects of the animation production pipeline including character, facial, mechanical animation rig set up.
· Direct and supervise the technical animation pipeline and all procedures, tools, and rigs to allow for a streamlined and efficient animation production pipeline.
· Co-lead with animation director the implementation of the motion capture in the animation pipeline.
· Must be able to collaborate closely with animation, design, engineering and game design for the integration of all animations, cinematic or scripted moments of the game.
· Must be able to act as the leader and point of contact for the technical animation group. ( recruitment, pipeline / processes, priorities, team management, quality of work )
· Must be able to work with programmers to evaluate, develop new or improved animation technologies for the game engine.
· Must be able to supervise / approve the integration of the rigs of character, weapons and complex objects in Maya / motion builder and UE4.
· Must be able to supervise / approve the tools and/or scripts to improve the speed and efficiency of the Animation team.
· Must be able to supervise / approve the process of integrating Maya/3DS Max/motion builder into the game engine.
· Be the owner of all of the content side when a technical problem arises.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 10+ years of experience in a technical position. Must have shipped multiples AAA titles as a senior / advanced technical animator.
- Excellent team work and leadership skills. Able to communicate effectively verbally and visually. Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Unreal Engine, 3ds Max, Maya, Motion Builder.
- Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines.
- Strong understanding of MEL/Python/Maxscript.or similar systems required.
- Experience and strong interest for the set up of facial animation
- Solid understanding of game animation development. ( process, industry standard )
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.