Job typeGame Development/Publishing
LocationCanada - Montreal, Quebec
Posted DateMay. 08, 2018
WB Games Montréal seeks an exceptionally talented User Researcher who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms.
The goal of the User Researcher is to support and enable the developers’ vision by empowering them with actionable insights about our players. At WB Games Montréal you will apply your passion for understanding and evaluating the player experience in order to assist the design and production teams you are embedded in to make data-informed decisions and ultimately make the greatest possible games.
· Be the key point of contact and resident expert on all user research matters for your partner development team, collaborating closely with them to understand their design intentions and research needs to drive player-focused decisions.
· Create and maintain a research strategy and budget that effectively accompanies the developers throughout the production and into post-launch.
· Run the user studies required to collect valuable player data, using a wide variety of mixed method research approaches and evolving best practices to deliver high-quality actionable insights, quickly and effectively.
· Communicate research results through multiple channels (written and verbal), and help the team prioritize findings.
· Collaborate with multiple stakeholders throughout production to increase the context and value of you research findings, such as the analytics and consumer research teams.
· Drive the development, evaluation and implementation of new processes, tools, and methodologies collaboratively as part of a small team of seasoned user research veterans around the world.
· 5+ years’ experience in games user research creating test plans, moderating user tests with a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, analyzing data, and writing reports
· Graduate degree pertaining to human-computer interaction, psychology, or user research preferred, but undergrad in the above with applicable experience acceptable as well
· Demonstrated ability to positively impact and influence product design, development team partners and the process of games user research.
· Ability to maintain balance between pragmatism and scientific rigor to meet the needs of a fast moving development environment.
· Must be passionate about deriving insights from data that can improve game performance – strong attention to detail and natural curiosity.
· Familiar with game design theory and development process for video games.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills: persuasive, concise, diplomatic.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision: autonomous, proactive, resourceful, organized.
· Passion for videogames. Knowledge of GaaS a plus.
· Excellent working knowledge of survey tools (e.g.: Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey), analytical tools (e.g: Tableau, Excel), office suite (e.g.: Word, Powerpoint.)
· Familiarity with usability testing tools such as Tobii Eye Tracker, Ovo Studios, Morae, UserTesting, etc.
· Knowledge in any of the following are considered beneficial: advanced statistics, telemetry and analytics, live operations, research tools building, UX design, lab infrastructure design.
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.