Job typeEngineering, Game Development/Publishing
LocationUnited States - Salt Lake City, Utah
Posted DateJun. 21, 2018
Avalanche Software, a division of Warner Brothers Games Inc. seeks a Graphics Engineer with rendering and special effects experience to join our talented team working on an unannounced AAA console title.
As a member of our studio's engineering team, you will collaborate with designers, artists, and other engineers to develop immersive gameplay experiences with industry leading visuals.
Relocation to Salt Lake City, Utah is required.
What part will you play?
- Design and author as well as maintenance and refactoring of visual and effects systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Work closely with designers and content creators to engineer solutions that satisfy design and content requirements.
- Partner with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules, identifying dependencies and raising red-flags where appropriate.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of code and authoring systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Two years of professional game programming experience
- Experience with HLSL/GLSL, special effects, and advanced mathematics
- Thorough knowledge and comfort with object-oriented programming concepts
- Excellent debugging skills and understanding of graphics optimization issues
- Strong verbal communication skills; ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people
- Self-starter attitude, and comfort with collaboration
- Strong passion to build industry-leading game visuals and ship the highest quality AAA games
- Experience working in console game development, from start to finish, on multiple projects
- Experience in collaborating with technical and FX artists to deliver fully realized effects
- Work in OpenCL/CUDA or other massively parallel general processing paradigms
Your information will now be submitted via our parent company’s site, TimeWarner.com.